Green Cambridge works to create a more sustainable Cambridge, and to protect the environment for the health and safety of all.
Go Solar with HEET's Cambridge Solar Challenge! 20% discount on your Solar PV installation and an opportunity to support Green Cambridge. Discount available until August 1st.
Green Cambridge is currently working on several projects including:
Please Join Us to help accomplish these projects and to suggest new ones.
- Advocating for net-zero fossil fuel energy buildings.
- Promoting food waste composting.
- Preparing a local renewable energy media campaign.
- Advocating for a plastic grocery bag ban.
- Helping to install rain barrels (during growing season).
Working with DPW to increase recycling by Cambridge businesses.
Exploring "repair cafes".
- Exploring community solar gardens.
- Preserving the Silver Maple Forest in partnership with Friends of Alewife Reservation and the Belmont Coalition.
- Advocating for Climate Change Action as part of MCAN.
- Advocating for environmental issues including Renewable Energy, Recycling, Biking and Green Space.
- Organizing community events.
Virtual Tour of the Alewife Reservation North Trail:
The Presentation is available in PDF and Powerpoint from the Friends of Alewife Reservation website.
At its annual meeting, held on June 7th, 2012, Green Cambridge elected a new board and welcomed new members as the organization continues to build and grow. Long time member Rosalie Anders, recent and very active member Sarah Eckstein and former City Councilor and former Green Decade/Cambridge board member Sam Seidel were voted onto the nine member board. Sam Berk, John Pitkin, Elena Saporta, Keren Schlomy, Minka vanBeuzenkom and Quinton Zondervan were re-elected to the board, and Sam Berk and Quinton Zondervan were voted to a second term as Treasurer and President respectively. Its an exciting time for the organization as we continue to build momentum and broaden our reach in the areas of environmental advocacy and community service.
Silver Maple Forest Benefit Concert
The Silver Maple Forest Benefit concert held in February 2012 was a great success! Photos can be viewed via the Cambridge Chronicle or the Friends of Alewife Reservation.